Tuesday, May 11, 2010

"I am spying on the enemy"

So today I told my dad that "spying and being suspicious of a fellow Muslim is haraam", especially me considering I AM HIS DAUGHTER.

Anywho, my dad likes to go thorough my drawers, journals, take items, re arrange, sniff, figure out, calculating stuff in my room, and claims he is "organizing, looking for, helping me " etc..

He also has a number of legitimate excuses when he opens my mail without asking, specifically my bills.

Anyways, so today I thought I would teach my papa some Islam 101, thinking I am gonna one up this man and shatter PATRIARCHY!

But OH NO I DIDNT.

CONVO GOES LIKE THIS

"Abu spying and being suspicious of a fellow Muslim is haraam" Me prancing around his old man rockering chair, while cuts coupons for things we never bought in our life.

My dads raises his big bushy eyebrows, the look he has when hes thinking, and responds
" Spying is not haraam when you are spying on the enemy"

Me looking bewildered , "What enemy !!!! "

My dad " I can spy on the enemy, the enemy is shaytaan" At this point he is smiling in his old man rocking chair.

I got schooled, my dad wins, shaytaan looses?

No comments:

Post a Comment